How It Works
A digital conference allows you to tune in and participate in the conference no matter where you are. No trains, planes, or automobiles needed. Just a computer and some quiet space.
Throughout the conference, you will be a part of larger group video chats, and smaller groups of 4-5 attendees. We will all start the conference together and end together.
The speaker line-up includes exceptional leaders from the Akimbo Community and a keynote from best-selling author and founder of Akimbo, Seth Godin. This conference is 80% participation and 20% speakers.
Before the conference, you can take these steps to ensure you’re prepared to fully participate:
- Download Zoom on your computer and test it out by opening it up. This is the free software we will use to run the conference, so be ready.
- When you register to attend the conference, we will automatically create a free login for our online discussion board, which runs on Discourse.
- On the day of the conference, simply login to our discussion board and you will find the link to the Zoom video chat room. This link will also be emailed to you the day of the conference. (Check your promo folder!)
- You simply click the link, and it opens up Zoom. Please plan to be inside the Zoom room 15 minutes ahead of the conference start time.
- Before the conference, you can connect with the others attending by visiting the "Meet Other Attendees" category inside of our discussion board. Magic happens when you start having conversations with leaders around the world.
Here are some handy tips to look your best and be prepared for the Zoom video call.
- Sit close to the screen. Your face should fill most of it.
- If you can, use an external microphone or headset.
- When you’re not talking, hit mute.
- Don’t eat during the conference.
- When you’re on mute on a video call, act like you’re truly engaged. Nod your head. Focus on the screen. Don’t get up and feed your dog.
- Don’t sit with the window behind you. A little effort on lighting goes a very long way.
- When you’re talking, spend some time looking at the camera, not the screen. You’ll appear more earnest and honest this way.
- When you’re talking, go slow. No one is going to steal your slot.
If you’re interested in joining us, click here to sign up for our email list to be alerted when registration opens.